|Dirt storming Citroen C3 WRC 2017 world rally car, during testing.|
WRC Race Engineer https://t.co/Ot83aKL552
— Yves Matton (@Yves_Matton) December 7, 2016
|Citroen Racing, WRC service support team during the first test of C3 WRC.|
Role purpose :
– It is a full time job, based in Versailles at Citroën Racing workshop.
– The person filling this role will be part of the chassis department.
– He will be a race engineer in charge of one car of the team for the year in the WRC championship.
The main responsibilities :
– Ensure optimum car performance during the rally, using experience and technical know-how.
– Ensure race car assembly according to specifications.
– Support the final build-up of the car and decide on its setup.
– Collaborate with the other engineers and pilots of the team and participates in the specification and set up.
– Coordinate and advise the car engineering and mechanics group.
– Actively cooperate with respective departments helping the development of the car.
– Participate to the various technical meetings, and monitor the resolution of problems during tests and races.
– Can take over responsibility for some test sessions, and ensure its presence on some others.
Skills and qualifications required:
– A degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or equivalent.
– 5 years’ experience as a race engineer
– Excellent up-to-date technical knowledge especially regarding rally cars as well as relevant experience in a track environment.
– Excellent problem-solving skills.
– The ability to analyze and interpret data.
– The ability to prioritize and plan effectively .
– The ability to work under pressure and to deliver high quality to tight deadlines.
– The ability to lead a team.
– knowledge of Magneti Marelli software Wintax.
– knowledge of developer tools (VBA, Matlab, etc …).
– Fluent English and French language skills.
– Willingness to travel and show a flexible approach to working hours.
– Good communication and team-working skills.
– Solid project management capabilities